Robert and I

Robert and I
we like to be silly

Friday, January 7, 2011

Rolled Fabric Rosettes

I'm in the process of making one of this cute fabric rosettes, I will upload a picture as soon as I master the technique..it seems pretty simple and it's inexpensive.




Supplies: fabric of any style, fabric glue, scissors

Instructions

1. Cut a strip of fabric measuring 1.5" wide and about 2' long. Adjust this depending on the size of rosette you wish to make. i.e. make the fabric strip thinner and shorter for a tiny rosette or fatter and longer for a large rosette.
2. Tie a knot in one end of fabric strip.
3. While holding the knot in one hand, dab a line of glue on outer edge (of knot) and wrap the fabric strip around the knot, twisting the fabric every so often, and securing it to the glue.
4. Continue in this manner until about 1" of the strip is left.
5. Glue end of strip to underside of rosette.

by Krista Maurer

No comments:

Post a Comment