Robert and I

Robert and I
we like to be silly

Monday, March 14, 2011

Berries 'N Stars

This is one of my most favorite desserts to make and indulge in, the cream filing is to die for and my most favorite fruit of all strawberries. You can not go wrong with this decadent dessert, it is a crowd pleaser and super easy to make. You can fool people thinking you slaved in the kitchen and your guests will feel berrie special...jeje  For those of you who know me well, know that my specialty in the kitchen are desserts so when I say this is one of my favorites it truly is.  By the way I have lots of favorite desserts!!! I have a sweet tooth which can get me in trouble sometimes. I hope you give this a try... You can use any fruit that you like or whatever you can find at your local supermarket.
1 pkg. frozen puff pastry sheets (2sheets),thawed
2 lemons
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 qt. strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 pint blueberries
Powder Sugar

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Unfold one pastry sheet onto lightly floured Rectangle Stone. Roll into 13x10-in. rectangle using lightly floured Baker's Roller. Move pastry into one corner of baking stone, leaving space along two sides. Roll second sheet of pastry to a 13x10-in. rectangle. Cut four 1-inch-thick strips lengthwise from second sheet; reserve remaining dough for decoration. brush outer edges of pastry on baking stone with water. Press strips around edge of pastry. Trim off any excess dough. Prick entire bottom of pastry.
2. Cut 16 stars from reserved dough using Creative Cutters. Arrange stars in space along edges of baking stone. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. remove stars from baking stone; set aside.
3. Meanwhile, zest lemons to measure 1 Tbsp zest; juice to measure 1/4 cup juice. In Classic batter Bowl, whisk condensed milk, zest and juice. Gently fold in whipped topping. Attach desired tip to Easy Accent Decorator; fill with filling and set aside.
4. Fill cooled pastry shell within border with remaining filling. Arrange berries over filling. garnish with reserved filling and stars. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar.

This recipe is from The Pampered Chef r Stoneware Inspirations cookbook.  A registered trademark

No comments:

Post a Comment