Robert and I

Robert and I
we like to be silly

Monday, March 21, 2011

Piña Colada Cupcakes

I made this cupcakes for my brother on his birthday, it was a special request by my dad because he doesn't like the frosting used on cakes. I love baking cupcakes because there are so many different flavors you can make them and everyone loves them from the littlest person to the very oldest person. I used my mini bundt cakes pan and I think they turned out adorable..

1 box yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1 tsp. coconut extract
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 small can crushed pineapple
1 recipe whipped cream

Mix together cake mix, eggs, coconut extract, buttermilk, and pineapple with juice. Pour batter into paper liners and fill 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Remove from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.

Frost with whipped cream you can sprinkle toasted coconut if desired.
recipe is from 101 Gourmet Cupcakes

1 comment:

  1. OMG...you are killing me!!!!!!! I want my monkey bread and now my piña colada cupcakes!!!!!!!!!!! BAD!!!!!!look sooo good!!

    ReplyDelete